Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Review: Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout

"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "

Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. 


If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. 


But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing      their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. 


Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...

Title: Deity

Series: Covenant #2
Published: November 6th 2012 by Spencer Hill Press
ISBN: 1937053148 (ISBN13: 9781937053147)
Barnes&Noble|Amazon

It's books like the ones written by Jennifer L. Armentrout that make me fangirl over books like a true book nerd. I may quite possibly EXPLODE before the next book comes out. In this book...I cannot believe I am saying this...I hated Seth. I know, words not to be spoken. I'm still wondering how things are going to work out between Alex and Aiden, but I'll keep hope. Also, it looks like everybody is out to get Alex! Not much of a change there. Speaking of things not changing...I still hate Minister Telly. Another thing that hasn't changed...me laughing at the book during some parts like a psychopath! So many plot twists I wish I could say, but again, it would ruin the whole book. Oh, but the gods are totally in on all of this drama. Just saying. And then she finally gets closure with Caleb, which was one of my favorite parts. This book definitely had more romance than the others...along with treason, betrayal and a whole list of things! So many questions were answered in this book. Again, I still feel like I MAY DIE until the next book comes out, so I guess it's slow and painful for me, eh? 

A thank you from both me and Kayla for taking the time to look at our blog! It's amazing to know people are actually seeing what we love to do. 

Book Nerd and Proud,
C.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment