Saturday, March 2, 2013

Review: Fade by Lisa McMann

SOME NIGHTMARES NEVER END.

For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck.

Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open -- but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.

Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability -- and it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a dream catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd feared....



Title: Fade
Series: Dream Catcher #2
Published: February 10th 2009 by Simon Pulse
ISBN: 1416953582 (ISBN13: 9781416953586)

Again, I had a hard time putting this book down, and found it even more interesting than the last because now Cabe and Janie attempting to find the sexual predator within their school using two phone calls from an anonymous student. Even though some parts of the investigation are easy to guess, it doesn't ruin the book, because the parts that I didn't see coming were stunning.

I absolutely adored Cabe and Janie’s relationship, and I’m really happy that there’s not a love triangle. I can see why their relationship would be strained, with all they have both gone through, now Janie might be used as bait for a predator, and the future for Janie, but I also feel like if anyone could make it with everything against them, it would be Cabe and Janie.As for the future for Janie…well, let’s just say it makes me scared to read the next book. She’s grown on me (her and Cabe) and I really want the series to end happily (-sigh- but with this story, I’m not so sure it will).

The book was fast paced, and kept me hooked the entire time. The writing style was the same, and I still love it.

The review for the last book will be better.
Book Nerd and Proud,
K.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment