Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Review: Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is.


Title: Obsidian
Series: Lux #1
Published: May 8th 2012 by Entangled Teen
ISBN: 1620610078 (ISBN13: 9781620610077)
Barnes&Noble|Amazon

For all you blog readers who have been here for awhile, just for your information, Jennifer Armentrout's writing is just as amazing as it was when I read the Covenant series that I fangirled over. There's just something that I love about a relationship that starts out with hate. Even though it's so obvious what will happen in the end, I enjoy it all the same. Like when I read The Host, I didn't expect an alien story to be so entertaining. When I think of aliens, I imagine those nerdy sci-fi movies, which for some odd reason have the hottest main characters. Anyways, this book is a must read!

Katy Swartz moves from Florida to a small town West Virginia before her senior year in high school. She is definitely one of my favorite female characters to read about...maybe it's because she's a reader and blogger like Kayla (HEY!) and I! 
"The day my internet was hooked up was better than having a hot guy check our my butt and ask for my phone number." 
Daemon Black...he definitely goes on the "Favorite Sexy Heroes" list up there with Jace and Will. The constant witty banter kept me laughing and I loved Daemon's arrogant attitude. Dee, his twin sister had a happy personality and befriends Katy when she first meets her. Daemon, being the protective brother that he is (doesn't that just make him hotter?!), doesn't want his sister hanging out with a human, because he knows that they can destroy his life. Why would that be? He's a freaking alien, that's why, and humans tend to enjoy poking, prodding, and experimenting on things that are unknown. Daemon and Dee are Luxen that take on a human form as they choose, but their real embodiment is light, and they have mind boggling powers. 

While Daemon and Katy try to avoid each other, they find themselves in situations together all the time. He teases and baits her which makes their relationship all the more fun. 
"Beautiful face. Beautiful body. Horrible attitude. It was the holy trinity of hot boys." 
Kiss or kill was the real question throughout the book. There were definitely some hot moments -fans self- which made even laptops explode...you'd get it if you read it. It was such a fun novel to read, and I will never make the mistake of waiting to read one of Armentrout's books again...

Book Nerd and Proud,
C.J.


No comments:

Post a Comment