Thursday, December 20, 2012

Review: Dirty Blood by Heather Hildenbrand


I killed a girl last night. I did it with my bare hands and an old piece of pipe I found lying next to the dumpster. But that’s not the part that got me. The part that scared me, the part I can’t seem to wrap my head around and still has me reeling, was that when she charged me, her body shifted – and then she was a wolf. All snapping teeth and extended claws. But by the time I stood over her lifeless body, she was a girl again. That’s about the time I went into shock… And that was the moment he showed up.


Now, all I can do is accept the truths that are staring me in the face. One, Werewolves do exist. And Two, I was born to kill them





Title: Dirty Blood 
Series: Dirty Blood #1
Published: April 2, 2011
ISBN: 1461065712 (ISBN13: 9781461065715)
Barnes&Noble|Amazon

I was so surprised that this book ended up being good. First off, I'm going to be honest with you. I'm not a huge fan of werewolf books. I'm really not sure why, but they usually bore me. Second, it was a free book. In my past experiences, free Kindle books were for those authors who could never get published (and there's usually good reasoning behind that.) But the story line was great, the characters were strong. Oh, but I did have my moments when I wanted to hurl my phone at the wall because everybody was trying to control the main character, Tara's, life! Including her boyfriend, who ended up hurting her once. Can you say woman-beater?! I guess everybody found it okay to treat her like a child (even though she could probably take them all down after some more training) and decide to keep half of the information from her. But I did love the fact this chick, Tara, she never believed she should get less than what she deserved. Her ex-boyfriend, George, always put football before his girlfriend and always came late, so she dumped his sorry butt. I guess he didn't realize he didn't know what he had until it was gone. Even when she found her soul mate, she didn't find herself having to bow down to him and his every notion of her "safety," which by the way, nearly ends up killing her. She was strong and she was capable.

So, if you're bored over the winter holidays and you're completely broke after Christmas shopping, download this free book in the Kindle store! And being the good person I am, I'll even put a link:
Dirty Blood

Happy Holidays!
Book Nerd and Proud,
C.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment