Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Review: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.



Title: Clockwork Princess
Series: The Infernal Devices #3
Published March 19th 2013 by Margaret K. McElderry Books
ISBN: 141697590X (ISBN13: 9781416975908)
Barnes&Noble|Amazon


Considering I've been crying for the last one hundred pages of the book, I'm not quite sure I'm stable enough to write this review, but I'm going to try. I can't believe this series is over, but I guess all good things must come to an end. Ha, for all of those who have read the book already will understand what I meant there. At the moment, I'm having a hard time put my thoughts into coherent words while also not spoiling anything, so it may be a surprisingly short review.

During the whole novel I didn't really have any concerns about Mortmain. We all knew the Shadowhunters were going to triumph over evil, but what constantly rang through my mind was the question between Jem or Will. Clockwork Princess definitely came full circle with the romances, and it did not disappoint.

I'm beginning to wonder if Cassandra Clare plans to somehow intertwine the characters of this book with the Mortal Instruments. I think that would be an interesting way to put things together. The novel has probably made me cry and have an effect on me more than any other book I've read, and that's one of the biggest compliments I can give to a series. Nothing in the story happened like it was expected, and it will be a huge shock to all those who decide to read it.

Finding quotes that don't spoil anything seems to be an arduous task as well, but I will attempt it nonetheless!
"A very magnanimous statement, Gideon,” said Magnus.“I’m Gabriel.”Magnus waved a hand. “All Lightwoods look the same to me." 
"I'm afraid to answer that. I've heard that when I speak, it makes American women wish to strike me with umbrellas." 
"You don't think I can fight." Tessa said, drawing back and matching his silvery gaze with her own. "Because I'm a girl.""I don't think you can fight because you're wearing a wedding dress", said Jem. "For what it's worth, I don't think Will could fight in that dress either.""Perhaps not," said Will, who had ears like a bat'a. "But I would make a radiant bride." 
"Tessa touched his wrist lightly with her hand. "Be brave," she said. "It's not a duck, is it?" 
"A forty-foot worm?" Will muttered to Jem as they moved through the Italian garden, their boots - thanks to a pair of Soundless runes - making no noise on the gravel. "Think of the size of the fish we could catch."Jem's lips twitched. "It's not funny, you know.""It is a bit." 
"Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read." -Will Herondale
Book Nerd and Proud,
C.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment