Saturday, May 18, 2013

Review: Vengeance by Michelle Madow

How far would you go to get revenge?
When Chelsea Givens discovered that her ex-boyfriend Drew dumped her to be with her former best friend Lizzie, she'd never felt so betrayed in her life. Then her new friend Shannon tells her she can help set things right. Chelsea's willing to listen, but what Shannon wants her to believe -- that she shared a past life with Drew -- is impossible. And what she wants her to do to get him back … well, it's downright crazy.

Could Shannon be telling the truth? And if she is, what lengths will Chelsea go if it means making Lizzie pay?






Title: Vengeance 
Series: Transcend Time #1.5
Published December 8th 2011 by Dreamscape Publishing
ISBN13: 9780615559711
Barnes & Noble|Amazon

This book is only 66 pages, for this reason, my review is going to be shorter than usual. 

For starters, I never was a fan of Chelsea in the first place, when she decides to turn evil, I truly wasn't surprised. I understand she was hurt because her boyfriend left her for her best friend, but my boyfriend recently broke up with me too, and I honestly thought he was meant for me, but because I still love him, if he's happy with someone else I wouldn't take that from him for my own happiness. Being with him while he's unhappy isn't better than just being friends. I guess I was right not to like Chelsea, she doesn't think like this. She's ready the ruin Drew's life, who she supposedly loves, all because she thinks they're meant to be. I think if she truly loved him, his happiness would come first, but that's just me. It's not like he wasn't happy, he was, she could tell and he told her he was. He even goes as far as telling her that she will find someone else, someone who truly loves her like he loves Lizzie, yet she can't seem to take a hint.

The way in which Chelsea finds out about her past life with Drew and Lizzie was very creative, and I truly didn't expect it. I do think you get the impression that Shannon has a lot more to do with Chelsea figuring out her past than she actually does. This book was meant to bridge the first and the second book, and it does a very good job at that. The way she plans on getting Drew back seemed a little far fetched, and simple, but choosing something a little more simple that she could fully explain in so few pages rather than briefly explaining a complicated concept was probably a much better idea.

Shannon actually seemed to be different in this book, although Lizzie did mention the awful criticism of her friends was behind their backs, so I guess it made sense. Although, Chelsea does mention more than once that she knows she has a act specific way, and say the right things around her. I think she may be trying so hard to replace Lizzie that she doesn't seem to care if she can't be herself around her supposed friends.

"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book."
Book Nerd and Proud,
K.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment